Investing in mutual funds online can offer you inflation-beating returns, goal-based growth, and exposure to the market as per your preferred risk capacity. However, in order for your money to grow in tandem with your goals, it is good to keep a check on your investments. This can be hard to do periodically as you may be occupied with several other day-to-day chores and responsibilities. Hence, mutual fund houses send all investors a Consolidated Account Statement (CAS).
Let’s find out more about the CAS and how you can download it.
What is the Consolidated Account Statement (CAS)?
The CAS is a statement of your mutual fund investments. It is similar to a savings bank account statement. In 2015, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) mandated all mutual fund houses to send the CAS to investors to keep them informed of their investments’ performance. The CAS summarizes the fund’s Net Asset Value (NAV), its holdings, dividends, transactions, folio number, and more. If you are investing in mutual funds online, you will receive the CAS before the 10th of every month irrespective of whether you invest through a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) or in a lump sum.
How to get the CAS?
Here are the steps to generate your mutual fund account statement:
- Visit the CAMS website: camsonline.com.
- Select the period of the statement. For instance, if you need the details from January 1, 2022, to February 1, 2022, you can select this time frame.
- Enter your registered e-mail address. This is where you will receive the mutual fund statement.
- Enter your PAN card number.
- Enter the password. You will be asked to enter the password twice.
- A code will be generated and shown on the screen. Enter this in the space right below it. If you have trouble reading it, you can click on the refresh sign next to it and enter the new code.
- Click on 'Submit'.
- A copy of the CAS will be sent to your registered e-mail address. You can log into your e-mail account and download it. The CAS will be in PDF format, so make sure your device has the necessary application to view it.
You can also directly download the statement from the mutual fund house’s website. For instance, if you are investing in asset management company A, you can visit its website and get the mutual fund statement from its website in the same steps as mentioned above.
In addition to this, if you are investing in mutual funds online and have shared your e-mail address with the mutual fund house, you will automatically receive the statement every month on your e-mail ID.
To sum it up
The CAS can help you assess the performance of your investments, so make sure to keep an eye on it. This will help you track your investments and make timely decisions that can determine the course of your financial journey and growth. The CAS also simplifies matters by giving you a summary of all important things in one place.
And to further simplify your investments, you can download the Tata Capital Moneyfy App - a single app for all your investment needs and concerns.